Fujifilm X-T3

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Smokedaddy

Fujifilm X-T3

Post by Smokedaddy »

Just wondering if anyone has rented or owns the Fujifilm X-T3? I've been wanting to upgrade from my Canon 50D to another APS-C camera for several months now.

Miljenko

Post by Miljenko »

Just keep your breath a while longer, Smokedady. As soon as the first sample arrives to Croatia, I'll get one for a review. But if I were in your shoes, I would consider buying X-T2 when shops start to discount their stocks. X-T3 won't be a huge step forward. Simply because X-T2 is so good and mature camera.

Best regards,
Mike
All things are number - Pythagoras

rextilleon

Post by rextilleon »

I'm a T-2 user who does Macro and have no intention of upgrading. About the only think that looks interesting is more coverage for focusing---but thats not enough to get me to jump. I get great results from the T-2 using Fujis 80mm Macro--(brilliant lens).

Keep in mind that Fuji doesn't have much support when it comes to add-ons like ring lights, flash etc. Also their are limitations to adapting other mfgrs Macro lenses to the X world.

If I had to do it again, and I was doing primarily Macro, I would probably stick to the Canon or Nikon world. Thats not to say that you can't get brilliant results from the T-2/3 and the 80mm.

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Thanks

rextilleon

Post by rextilleon »

I concur with Miljenko---T-2 is excellent and its already being discounted. Won't be long until you can purchase the body and the 80mm Macro lens for under 2000 dollars. Throw in some extension tubes and you are good to go.

Miljenko

Post by Miljenko »

I've just tried X-T3 and consider it as a fine camera and a mild to serious upgrade depending on use. It does have few advantages compared to X-T2 for an everyday use. But for macro work it simply does not offer any advantages so buying the old faithful X-T2 at discounted price would be a wise move.
And when it comes to extreme macro work, Fujifilm cameras are not in any way inferior to Canon and Nikon counterparts. In contrary, focus assist aid, perfectly silent electronic shutter and more than 20 available lens adapters are huge advantages. The reason I switched from Nikon after 13 years.
Best regards,
Miljenko
All things are number - Pythagoras

gene.rodrigues

Post by gene.rodrigues »

rextilleon wrote:Keep in mind that Fuji doesn't have much support when it comes to add-ons like ring lights, flash etc. Also their are limitations to adapting other mfgrs Macro lenses to the X world.
The latest firmware for the Metz Mecablitz 15 MS-1 ringlight now has a Fuji profile to support TTL for the GFX, X, and Finepix series. This ringlight is interesting because the angle of the two flash tubes can be changed independently and the flash output between the two tubes can be adjusted to produce a combination of area and flood fill. The entire unit also rotates to reposition the tubes. I do not own one but would be interested in input from anyone who does.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Forgive me please if these have been answered elsewhere:

Is it possible to use flash normally, with totally electronic shutter?
Is tethering software available for Fuji cameras?
Chris R

TheDocAUS

Post by TheDocAUS »

ChrisR wrote: Is tethering software available for Fuji cameras?
Capture One now supports Fuji. That is one tethering option. You will probably need the C1 Pro version rather the C1 Fuji Express edition.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic