Addicted to Stack&Stitch

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

That's impressive! I've missed that. But 400 euro / day hurts!
Edit: Excluding taxes.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

rjlittlefield wrote:The latest sensor-shifting Hasselblad will do 400 MP, using a 100 MP sensor.

From https://www.hasselblad.com/h6d-multishot/
6-SHOT MULTI-SHOT MODE
In 400MP Multi-shot mode, 6 captures are made. The first 4 captures involve moving the sensor by one pixel at a time to achieve real colour data (GRGB- see 4 shot diagram below). This cycle returns the sensor to its starting point. An additional two exposures are made by moving the sensor by ½ a pixel horizontally and then ½ a pixel vertically (see 6 shot diagram).

These 6 captures are then combined to give the equivalent of a single 400MP capture, delivering a 16-bit Tiff file size of 2.4GB per frame (23200 x 17400 pixels), giving the ultimate in image resolution.
--Rik
I've had bad luck with pixel-shift, but the image shown looks like they do it well. Of course, that's more than a single image, but that's fair since it's only a single position. I wonder what the optics were for the beetle image? Seems their version of pixel shifting gives either full color 100MP, or Bayer 400MP, assuming the optics can support the higher resolution. Very impressive.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic