Mammillaria lenta 2

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

DaveW

Mammillaria lenta 2

Post by DaveW »

My flowers seem far shorter than Irwin's, but the plant is obviously not as large.

DaveW

cactuspic

Post by cactuspic »

Neat plant Dave. I find the variation between plants within the species fascinating. Another interesting difference is your plant does not have a pink mid strip on any of the petals while mine has the stripe on some but not all of the petals...go figure.

I don't know about your plant, but this is one of my slower growing mams. It took a minor forever for the pups to flower.

Have a great New Year.

Irwin

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Beautiful pastels colours and nice angle with well focused most parts of the cactus. :D
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

A beautiful cactus Dave. I love the spiney hair wrapped around the body of the cactus :shock:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

A lot of cacti grow but do not gain the amount of height you would expect Doug because they concertina at the base like a set of bellows folding, hence the denser spination just above the offsets on the plant.

DaveW

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know these cacti are really nice. Probably not hard to keep, they more than likely don't bark at night and you don't have to worry to much about anyone grabbing them up to look a them, well maybe only once. :lol: Beautiful flowers there Dave. :D

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Main advantage, unlike tomato plants in the greenhouse, is you don't have to water them twice a day. Also if you have got automatic window openers you can go away for two weeks in high summer without needing to water them. Not many other plants are that care free.

DaveW

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Nice Mamm there Dave!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic