www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Anyone knows difference between CFW and CFWN eyepieces?
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Anyone knows difference between CFW and CFWN eyepieces?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
abednego1995

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've went through my documentation again, and surprise! There were 2 versions of CFUWNs with different FNs in the same time period!
CFUWN(FN26.5), CFUWL(FN25) both with same CFUWN inscription on the barrel.
The CFUWL appears mainly in the Optiphot100-300 series infinity inspection microscope brochures and manuals.

So, perhaps with later objectives just before the switch to CFI, they might have had NCFs with OFN(Objective FN)<26.5mm.
(In an early Optiphot-2 manual from 1991, there is no mention of vignetting and subsequent troubleshooting as you've posted)

>Johny & Itchy
The Senarmont DIC system for the Optiphot-2 was very late in introduction, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had Plan Fluors
furnished for them. Sadly there is a gap between 1993-1997 in my collection, so I can't confirm. I'll be looking out for information though.
Ichthyophthirius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyM wrote:
Working distances seems to be identical with plans.

Not all of them. The Plan Fluor 20/0.50, for example, has no spring mechanism (mine at least has quite a long working distance), while the Plan 20/0.50 has a sprung nose. There's also the Plan Fluor 40/1.30 for which there is is no Plan equivalent. A list would be very useful.

abednego1995 wrote:
I'll be looking out for information though.

Please do Wink We here have been collectively looking for information about the Plan Fluors for many years ... maybe there is something in the Japanese literature?

Regards, Ichty
JohnyM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichthyophthirius wrote:

Not all of them. The Plan Fluor 20/0.50, for example, has no spring mechanism (mine at least has quite a long working distance), while the Plan 20/0.50 has a sprung nose. There's also the Plan Fluor 40/1.30 for which there is is no Plan equivalent. A list would be very useful.

I have all of them (i think):
10x/0.3
20x/0.5
40x/0,75
40x/1.3
100x/1.3 (sold)

10x and 20x indeed doesnt have spring loaded nose.
There also was CF Plan Fluor 2x, but i dont have it. Im not aware of any low power PF's.

I'll try to measure working distances with micro screw, but they seem very similar to plans.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: