Corn Speedwell

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Beatsy

Corn Speedwell

Post by Beatsy »

Love these tiny little flowers. So easy to walk by and not notice them, but all you have to do is stop to look - or stoop to look in this case.

Short stack at 2x onto FF sensor. Probably no need to say which lens was used :lol:

...and a 100% crop for detail

Troels

Post by Troels »

Wonderful!
This is the kind of picture I go for.
I wish I had made it.
Troels Holm, biologist (retired), environmentalist, amateur photographer.
Visit my Flickr albums

rolsen

Post by rolsen »

Very nice!

How did you pick it up? With roots and everything?

- Rane

JH

Post by JH »

Nice pictures - thanks for posting.
Live subjecs are a chalenge.
Best regards
Jörgen
Jörgen Hellberg, my webbsite www.hellberg.photo

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Thanks for your comments folks.

Troels: thanks - it's a look I've been chasing for quite a while now. I'm trying to move away from only doing plain 'record-shots' (though they still have their place, I'm not denigrating them). Now I'm fairly comfortable with the technicalities of stacking I can pay more attention to composition, lighting and bokeh as well. Those things that make a picture 'nice' as well as interesting. All one long journey - destination unknown...

rolsen: I just pulled the whole plant up when weeding the garden path. Needless to say, not much more weeding was done after that :)

JH: yes, you have to work fast with these little plants, and use v. bright light to keep the petals open. I had the roots in water to stop wilting but the flower head still fell off less than 15 mins after finishing the stack. Phew.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic