Lucky Find

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mjkzz

Lucky Find

Post by mjkzz »

A vendor asked me to try out one of his Mitutoyo 5X M Plan APO in really bad condition, I knew he had it for 2 years because I bought a QV 2.5x from him and I saw this one, but I could not resist the price (150USD). So I took the chance and tried it and it turned out to be a keeper :D

The objective:

Canon 6D in EFCS mode
Mitutoyo 5x + Raynox 150 as tube lens
201 Images at 20um step size
MJKZZ Ultra Rail Kit
Two studio strobes (Godox 400W) triggered at mid-curtain
Plastic sheet domed over subject
Zerene Stacker

Here is a video sequenced from these 201 images. It is amazing to see how it progresses. I wish Zerene has an option to dump a stacked image at EACH step so I can sequence a video in stacking progress.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Lucky Find

Post by rjlittlefield »

mjkzz wrote:in really bad condition,
The objective:
What a beautiful demonstration of junky appearance, works fine!
I wish Zerene has an option to dump a stacked image at EACH step so I can sequence a video in stacking progress.
That's occasionally requested, but it's not near the top of the priority list. In lieu of that, I suggest video screen capture with the frame rate slowed down to more closely match the processing speed.

--Rik

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

thanks Rik.

Here is a video I did using SnapIt on a 2.5K monitor (2560x14400), had to record 15 minutes video and sped it up. I will probably "hack" Zerene and write an app to take screen snapshots at some interval, compare it, if changed, save it. The drawback is, to get 1080P, I need a 4K monitor :D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

mjkzz wrote: 2.5K monitor (2560x14400) ... The drawback is, to get 1080P, I need a 4K monitor :D
I'm missing something. I would expect that by maximizing the output image window and sliding the vertical divider far left, while using a 2560 x 1440 monitor, you could get the output window to be at least 1920 x 1080 pixels. Have I misunderstood the goal, or does it not work out that way?

--Rik

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

oh, the image list window is moveable :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic