www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - My Macro System
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Macro System
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lonepal

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mawyatt wrote:
Omer,

Like the brackets for the thick vertical plate and the heavy thick metal base with the rubber feet.

Very nice setup Very Happy

One question I have is, why are the bellows extended so far from the motorized focus stage? Seems a micro-positioning stage between the focus stage and bellows base that allows movement in the same axis as the focus stage.

Could this be eliminated to get the bellows closer to the focus stage for possibly more stability, since movement is in the same axis as the focus stage movement? This is a question, not a criticism of your well crafted setup Very Happy

So, when will we see some results from all your hard work Smile

Best,

Hi Mike;

Thanks for the comments.

You are right.
I am also worried about the length of the rig at x axis.

At first there was no stage between del-tron stage and the bellows.
Then I decided to put a stage between them for manual adjustment.

I plan to change the red 3d printed top plate with a metal one.
I may remove the stage Smile
lonepal

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deanimator wrote:
lonepal wrote:
Hi again;

I finally finished my vertical rail too.
Please check the photos.
I am open for any advices, thanks!

Vertical Rail by Omercan Calik, on Flickr

More Photos : http://flic.kr/s/aHskB1kK8N

It looks pretty solid.

I'd like to make something similar, but my metal working resources are strictly limited.

Instead I've gone with a thick wooden cutting board and interchangeable wooden furniture feet that screw into a threaded insert in the cutting board. So far it seems to have worked relatively well up to 10x.

Hi Deanimator;

Because I am an engineer on a very big company we have a lot of suppliers and makers so I am very lucky about this type of works Smile

I just model them and my mechanical engineer friend checks it and we negotiate with him and send to makers then they prepare it at least in 1 week.
Deanimator

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lonepal wrote:
Hi Deanimator;

Because I am an engineer on a very big company we have a lot of suppliers and makers so I am very lucky about this type of works Smile

I just model them and my mechanical engineer friend checks it and we negotiate with him and send to makers then they prepare it at least in 1 week.

I think that the fundamental structure is very good.

However I have to agree that there are too many components (and too much distance) between it and the parts you actually need. All of that weight towards the middle of the plate acts as a lever.

I was worried about mine, but there's far less force on mine than yours:

You have a lot of reach and linear working distance, but also opportunity for flex and movement.

I've got yet another even longer furniture foot that I'm thinking of using SOLELY for vertical shots. Instead of mounting a ball head on top (actually the bottom), I'm going to mount the base of the Wemacro to it, pointing down. That'll give both additional vertical adjustment and less of a lever force.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: