www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Left Clicking
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Left Clicking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnack-bill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Left Clicking Reply with quote

I recently bought a wemacro rail which works well with my Sony camera but was a bit inconvenient with my digital microscope. The digital microscope software takes a picture when a screen button is clicked. I found that this tended to cause vibration, better if I could stand away from the table . Also it was tedious on a large number of steps.

So I knocked up a simple pcb.

Actually it is a true Cap’n Bodge-it job. Just an old USB mouse board with a 2.5mm jack plug soldered across the LH mouse microswitch. Windows doesn’t mind an extra mouse, it just takes the command from the most recent event so I can point the real mouse’s pointer at the screen button and let this board do the clicking under control from the wemacro controller. I’ll disable the LEDs and put it in a little project box sometime.

One lead plugs into the wemacro controller and the other into a usb port and it works perfectly.

Pau
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A clever idea!

It could also be implemented to fire a DSLR like a Canon EOS when tethered to the computer
Saul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, I hope now my Nikon 1 J4 (which has no remote input or infrared, wifi only) will work with DslrDashboard/WeMacro !
mawyatt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very clever Very Happy

I would think we all have lots of old mice hanging around, seems you could do same with old wireless mouse also??

Best,
barnack-bill

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why not. The connections to the jack plug are body = earth (ground); ring (autofocus) not used, earthed within controller; tip = switch wire.

At your own risk if you try it!
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably a good idea to measure first, to make sure that everything's "ground" is really the same. It's easy to get off by a few volts here and there.

--Rik
barnack-bill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree though on investigation I think the Wemacro shutter switch is a pair of clean contacts from a physical pcb relay and the body of the jack plug should be called 'common' rather than 'ground'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: