Merry Christmas - Goin´ nuts ;-)

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Planapo

Merry Christmas - Goin´ nuts ;-)

Post by Planapo »

Red squirrels are regular guests on our balcony where they can off and on find a little treat. They nest in some old large spruces that are growing behind our house.

This might be a rare sight for some of the Brits around as in many areas of Britain the red squirrel has been ousted by its larger American grey cousin who was introduced in Bedfordshire in 1889.

Cheers,
Betty

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I love squirrels, they can be so funny at times. I suppose it all comes down to where one goes. When I lived in Arkansas, the red squirrel was the most predominate of the species, with the gray ones being the minority. Then there were, though seldom seen, a few solid black ones. Lovely photograph Betty and it makes one to sit back and take stock of their many blessings already. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :D

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too Betty ....and to all my friends on both our forums :smt111

Bruce :D :D :D

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Well Betty... I'll add onto your message here and wish you, and all my other "micro" and "macro" friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year as well!

Charlie Krebs

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Betty,

A lovely photo, and lovely thoughts -- thank you!

I will add mine as well:

May this be the Best of Holidays for you and yours! :D :D

--Rik

gpmatthews

Post by gpmatthews »

Super picture! We've only seen boring old grey ones this Xmas.

A very Merry Xmas and all the best for 2008 to everyone
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and may your Christmas Stocking be filled with what you want rather than what others think you need! :D

DaveW

salden

Post by salden »

A beautiful squirrel. Sorry to hear they have been taken over by our grey squirrel. The grey squirrel is cute in its own right, but I sure do love the colors of this red one.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
Sue Alden

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

It is questionable whether the grey led to the decline of the red squirrel in the UK. I found this on a squirrel site in the UK:-

"RED vs. GREY SQUIRRELS

Despite common belief, the grey squirrel has not been the cause of the decline of the red. The red is less adaptable than the grey, and in Britain is living on the edge of its preferred habitat. Deforestation and habitat loss caused them to disappear from Ireland as early as the 15th century, and from Scotland by the 18th, long before the grey was introduced. In addition, in the late 19th and early 20th century they were considered pests and were killed in their thousands. By the 1920s their population had been decimated.

Red squirrels are now protected, and in some areas, coexist with grey squirrels."

DaveW

Epidic

Post by Epidic »

Will

Sven Bernert

Post by Sven Bernert »

Squirrel on balcony - I can relate :lol: Friends of mine live in the middle of Frankfurt and they get visited daily by one very hungry squirrel:

Hope the old man was very busy visiting you all :D

Best,
Sven

P.S.: Here he is ..

If you are out there shooting, things will happen for you. If you're not out there, you'll only hear about it. - Jay Maisel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic