Grasshopper

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

makabrys

Grasshopper

Post by makabrys »

Hi guys,

I shot this one a few years ago with a Panasonic DMC - a low price camera. . .200 euros, actually it was my mom's camera :)), but since I saw what I can do with it I took it, though I've never used a DSLR before, I just got a second hand Nikon D3200 few days ago, and I'm back to photography :)

See you around, guys.

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Welcome aboard! I don't know this specific camera, but it is clearly capable of taking close up pictures. To go to higher magnification with it, you might consider figuring out a way to attach a good diopter lens to the end of its lens. This lets you focus closer, and that means you will get higher magnification.
One of the good diopters are the Raynox 150 and Raynox 250 lenses.
Here is a link:
https://www.amazon.com/Raynox-DCR-150-S ... Raynox+150

These normally clamp onto the lens filter threads of a dslr camera. If your camera does not have those threads, you can still use some sort of sleeve on the lens and then clamp the Raynox on to that. But if your camera is of the sort that retracts the lens when it goes to sleep or powers down, then be very careful of that scheme!
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic