www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - VEXTRA PK566H & Del-Tron LRS3-1 Linear Stage Axis Actuat
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
VEXTRA PK566H & Del-Tron LRS3-1 Linear Stage Axis Actuat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saul

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: VEXTRA PK566H & Del-Tron LRS3-1 Linear Stage Axis Actuat Reply with quote

Interesting listing and good starting price on ebay (I'm not related) .

VEXTRA PK566H & Del-Tron LRS3-1 Linear Stage Axis Actuator

Motor has dual shaft and 0.72 degree step. Good material for the horizontal setup .
Saul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seller reduced price:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VEXTRA-PK566H-NBA-5-PHASE-DRIVER-AND-Del-Tron-LRS3-1-Linear-Stage-Axis-Actuator-/122559527111?
aspolat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi saul,

I found this linear stage;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1pcs-PG513L-Suruga-Seiki-X-Axis-Motorized-Linear-Stage-Precision-Positioner-U1-B/171790993121?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

I think motors are same type. I was actually thinking to gettting it, but motors are 5 phase and i dont know how i can control them. Maybe i can change nema 11 motor instead of vextra, (i hope dimensions are same). Thus i can control the stage with wemacro controller...

vextra motor has 0.72 degree step angle, nema 11 has 1.8...
5 phase more accurate and less vibration, i saw on internet...

I have to use microstep driver (8-16-32 even 64 microsteps)

You have really big experience about it, can you give me good advise?

Thank you
Best Regards
Saul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Samil,

aspolat wrote:
... i can control the stage with wemacro controller...

There are some possible connection conversions from 5 to 4 wires, but I would contact William from WeMacro, he knows better internals of his design , can it be done. Worst case scenario - you can use 4 wire stepper with some simple 3d printed adapter (or something simpler), I done that in my Del-Tron setup.
Quote:
... have to use microstep driver (8-16-32 even 64 microsteps)...

If I remember correctly, WeMacro has up to 32. Looking at the rail specs, you should be OK for 50x. I'm not big fan of the horizontal setup (using in the field mostly or for some big specimens which I cannot fit/position on the my vertical setup)
Quote:
...You have really big experience about it ...

It is not true Smile My experience is based on others experience/almighty Google/trial&error Smile
aspolat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again Saul,

Thank you for quick and comprehensive reply, appreciated.

I looked some CNC forum today, and i read something about vexta motors. They are 5 phase motors. You need special drivers for drive 5 phase motors, and they are very different then 2 phase motors.

Maybe we can control unipolar stepper( 5-6 wires and two phases) motor with some basic microchip as like L298N H Bridge. Even if we can modify wemacro controller for drive it.

But, I don't think so wemacro controller can drive 5 phase vexta motor. Completelly different system.

I think best idea is replace the vexta motor with NEMA 11 200 step/rev. (i guess dimension is almost same) standart 2 phase 4 wire motor as like your Del-TRON design. Thus easly can control with wemacro controller. As like you said

And i agree with you, the best option for 20X upper magnification is vertical setup. But i am so mobile and i could have not set yet.

Thank you again

Best Regards...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Exchange All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: