www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Oshiro 60mm 2:1 macro lens excessive pincushion distortion.
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Oshiro 60mm 2:1 macro lens excessive pincushion distortion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
harisA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Oshiro 60mm 2:1 macro lens excessive pincushion distortion. Reply with quote

Today i receive an oshiro 60mm lens bought in near mint condition from eBay. The lens exhibits severe pincushion distortion even on aps sensor .With full frame camera the problem is even worst. It seems that this happens with all magnifications.
Some photo samples from a full frame camera

1x

1.5x

Is this a problem common to all oshiro's or I just bought a "lemon" lens.
enricosavazzi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is common to all Oshiro 60 mm 2x lenses, and also Laowa 60 mm 2x lenses. I don't know for sure about the no-name 60 mm 2x lenses, but I should expect so too.

Some time ago I posted a full-frame sample from one of these lenses in another thread. Your APS-C sample shows a lower amount of distortion at the edges, which is expected. On Micro 4/3, distortion is even lower (but still visible).
harisA

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Enrico. My samples are from a full frame camera.I don't remember reading about this issue anywhere.Also in the following thread from Robertotoole:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=225757&sid=601a75fe05bab520291278a93c6b1cd0

the Oshiro images are free from this distortion (unless Robert corrected it in post processing)
Despite the fact that this can be easily rectified in photoshop it is really annoying.
enricosavazzi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sample from the Laowa 60 mm is at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36410&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45 (I don't know how to link to a specific post).

[Edit CR
This one http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=227774#227774
(link target is the individual post's "document" symbol )]
harisA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: