www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Olympus BH2-BHTU Stand
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Olympus BH2-BHTU Stand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolmadis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Olympus BH2-BHTU Stand Reply with quote

As some readers might have noticed in the Equipment Exchange Forum I am looking for a BH2 series stand; BHS or BHT.

But I am wondering if the BHTU Stand is also in scope for what I want to do?

I have read the documents on Alan Wood's Olympus Web Site but I am still a little uncertain about how far the modular approach extends in the BHTU.

I cannot find confirmation of the following so I am asking here to tap the experience and knowledge of the forum.

I think that the BHTU turret, which is described as reversed and fixed, is RMS.

So the first assumption I have is that subject to the objective to objective seperation I could mount an M25 NEO SPLAN (BF/DF EPI) to RMS using an M25 to RMS adapter.

The second assumption is that because the BHTU brochure (http://www.alanwood.net/downloads/olympus-bh-2-bhtu-brochure.pdf) shows that the reflected light fluorescence attachment BH-RFL-W can be mounted above the turret and this can take a BH2-TR30 then I could singly also mount a BH2-RLA or a BH2-MA and have EPI imaging.

This makes sense to me but can anyone confirm before I also look for a BHTU stand.

BR and Thanks

John
Alan Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John

The BH2-MA does fit on a BHTU. According to the BHM brochure, the BH2-RLA fits too.

The BHTU nosepiece is RMS.

The Neo S Plan objectives are 26mm thread, not 25mm.

You might be able to mount a Neo S Plan with an adapter to RMS. However, I suspect that this would block the light path for DF illumination.

Alan Wood

CORRECTION

The BHM brochure does not include the BHTU stand, I got confused.

My BH-RLA has a protrusion underneath that prevents it being attached to a BHTU. It is possible that the BH2-RLA has the same problem, but I do not have one to check.

Alan Wood

Last edited by Alan Wood on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
dolmadis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Alan that is very helpful.

BR

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: