Yashica Tomioka Surplus Shed 32mm $6 lens

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Thanks John, I would certainly be interested if someone is willing to sell theirs. John gets it if there is only one.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

I bought a bunch of these years ago so have extras available. PM me if you need one.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

PM sent :D :D

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:I bought a bunch of these years ago so have extras available. PM me if you need one.
Thanks Ray! Thats a big help.

BTW, the Yashinon/SS lens is in part 3 of my 4X testing coming next week. I am working on the final proof now and in the middle of part 4.

Robert

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I'm looking forward to seeing that test!!! Thanks for putting in this hard work for the community.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Lou Jost wrote:I'm looking forward to seeing that test!!! Thanks for putting in this hard work for the community.
Thanks Lou, and thank you for all of your input, work and help over the years!

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

I ordered and paid for two of these lenses from Surplushed on 11/23/2017--long before they were sold out. Unfortunately, I received no lenses. On 12/27/2017*, I gave up waiting and emailed Surplushed to question this omission.

Surplushed's Fred Lamothe responded right away. Their ordering system had dropped both the item number and shipping address from my order. Fred also said that their several attempts to contact me had failed. I have no idea why.

Surplushed was quick to refund my $18 payment. However, I have no lenses.

Grr. I'd much rather have these interesting lenses than a few dollars.

--Chris S.

*Edited. Had originally, mistakenly, written "11/27/2017;" the date has been corrected to a month later: "12/27/2017." --Chris S.
Last edited by Chris S. on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Same here. Seems they don't have a very efficient stock tracking policy.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Obviously stock control is an issue but I recall that they also migrated to a new web site "shop front" fairly recently.

I wondered at first if someone outside of our forum had purchased a stack for re-sale on an auction site but with these reports it is safe to conclude that stock control was probably way out.

BR

John

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I should mention that this isn't the only item which they refunded for me. I received a similar but not identical message and refund for an Ilex 2.75x objective that looked very interesting. Both this and the Tomioka lens were ordered at the same time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic