Nikon E800 stage holder dissmount problem

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Litonotus

Nikon E800 stage holder dissmount problem

Post by Litonotus »

Hi there :) long time no see... Coming to an and of my break :) I have to reapir loosened focus axis, it is impossible to remove it without unfixing the stage holder.

I removed this screw but it remains fixed.

I asked on the fb group and they said that I have to use a little hammer to make move the stage holder off the dovetail. Is it the only way? I have all manuals, reapir manulas etc - found nothing there.

Thanks in advance :)
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

Hammers are excellent for denting bearing races. Use a heat gun on that silver oblong thingy and or an eye dropper with penetrating oil. The. Try to rock the stage mount side to side with your hands. No hammers.
Somebody over tightened the Allen bolt jamming that small silver dovetail clamp.
I am not young enough to know everything.

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Thank you! :D
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Nothing works :( Tried lubrication/penetrating oil, small hammer and wood and even a "corkscrew" to remove the silver part. Remains as if it was a single thing :(
my FB page

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

What's happened is somebody had tightened the Allen bolt to the extreme. The mechanism has a female dovetail. It's dug into the soft male dovetail of the aluminum focusing part. If you can get a steel dowel of the exact diameter of the hole that the bolt fit into and rock that piece back and forth, you might free it up. I've see this once before as a dealer repair tech, and I ended up replacing a lot of parts which are currently unobtainable.

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Thank you! Will try that, nothing helped till this moment.

I tried heating, many lubrication/penetrating fluids etc.
my FB page

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Finally found a way to remove that bolt... Thank you for your help! ?
my FB page

Choronzon

Post by Choronzon »

Congratulations! You passed microscope repair 101!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic