Chip Image in QFN Package

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick a favorite macro or close-up image from one of the "Macro and Close-up" galleries to be featured on the front page of the www.photomacrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

sushidelic

Post by sushidelic »

Hello Mike,

I just swapped the two images in Photoshop, so that each eye gets the corresponding perspective when looking at it crosseyed (and I reduced the black space around a bit). The way it was set up before was for "parallel" stereo. No need to go back to Zerene in a case like this :)

Best regards,
Michael

Troels

Post by Troels »

Wonderful!
It looks like a Scutigera

Here is website with a short explanation on how to see
cross eyed stereo

There are many other sites with good exersices.
Most people can learn it with a little training.
A few will never learn.

My own supplement to the explanations is: It is easiest to start with narrow pictures (portrait orientation).
It is also easier, if there is a distinct border between the two pictures.
I always add a colored line between them if the background is uniformed colored.
Troels Holm, biologist (retired), environmentalist, amateur photographer.
Visit my Flickr albums

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

mawyatt wrote:So what do you do with this cross-eyed image now?
You train your eyes to fuse the two images, while maintaining focus, and ignoring the rest of the world which is not fused.

Fusing the two images requires crossing your eyes so the right eye sees the left-side image, and vice versa.

Google cross eyed stereo viewing for an assortment of hints.

Learning to see crossed-eye stereo is a non-trivial educational experience that can produce significant eyestrain in the first attempts.

Some people never get the crossed eye stuff to work. For them I recommend using a parallel layout, with a mirror-based viewing aid ("stereoscope"), such as https://www.berezin.com/3d/pocket_3dvu.htm , to handle the fusion. When the viewing aid is properly adjusted, the human viewer's eyes don't have to do anything different from normal reading.

--Rik

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Troels wrote:Here is website with a short explanation on how to see
cross eyed stereo
Ironically, the two gray-scale images side-by-side at the top of that page are not stereo. They are just two copies of the same image, so fusing them just produces another flat image. The color images at the bottom of the page are stereo; fusing those produces good depth.

--Rik

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Troels, Rik, Sushidelic,

Ok I finally get it!! That's pretty cool, looks like a hologram. Thanks for enlightening me!!

Sorry for being such a dunce :roll:

Best,

Mike

Harald

Post by Harald »

Hi there Mike,
Just out of sheer curiosity, how do you open up a chip like that ??
A lot of patience and a good cutting disc on a Dremel....?

I would love to do some chip images, you have really given me the inspiration :D
Kind Regards
Harald

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Hi Harold,

This is a circuit/chip design that I created and patented, so we had these chips packaged up by a speciality house in QFN packages with the lids just glued on. You can see some of the glue residue on the top of the package. This was done so we could test out the concept, so somewhat of an experimental chip. The lids were removed with just a Exacto blade.

Standard production chips are extremely difficult to get into. I think Mike (Olympusman) on here uses a Nitric acid (maybe H2SO4 also) heated fog to eat away the package but the leave the chip intact. He's got this down and has produced some stunning images of production chips that were "exposed" with this method.

Best,

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic