www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Newbie first attempt
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Newbie first attempt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephenlewis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Newbie first attempt Reply with quote

Hello there.

As a new member here and someone who is new to macro photography I thought the members would be interested to see my first macro photograph. Well maybe not the first but certainly the first half decent one, and any advice would be welcome.

It’s taken a little while to sort out various aspects such as the lighting, mounting the subject, the step length, and the stacking software, and there are some shortcomings in this image which are as result of not perfecting any of these aspects just yet.

The photograph was taken using a Nikon D800, Sigma 105 macro, mounted on a Wemacro rail. The subject was a red speckled jewel beetle.

I finished up with 180 photographs. After some experimentation with the software the best results were produced by dividing the photographs up into into five stacks each with 36 photographs. Each individual stack was processed using Zerene Stacker to produce a Dmap image, and the five resulting images were then stacked into a final image using Dmap. I found that this gave me an image with fewer artefacts. The final image was processed using a combination of Photoshop and Topaz.

Thanks for looking.
Smokedaddy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!
mawyatt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen,

Wow, you've certainly set the bar high for a 1st image!!

Beautiful image sir!!

Best,

Mike
micro_pix

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I like the idea of stacking in groups and then stacking the resulting images to reduce artifacts, I’ll give it a go.

David
Olympusman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: First attempt Reply with quote

Zowie!

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Technical and Studio Photography -- Macro and Close-up All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: