Hi from a newbie here

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

LordV

Post by LordV »

Thanks again for the welcome Tim and Dave :) much appreciated.Dave- yes I do quite a few waterdrop/dewdrop pictures- I just find the colour effects fascinating but you'd be suprised how difficult it is to find the good dewdrop formations in a lawn full of them :)

Brian V.
www.flickr.com/photos/lordv
canon20D,350D,40D,5Dmk2, sigma 105mm EX, Tamron 90mm, canon MPE-65

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

You have not tried the advertising industry cheat of using Glycerin drops then Brian? I understand these are also supposed to sparkle better than water, different refractive index or something.

DaveW

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Excellent photos Brian. You seem to be well known. Welcome to our group and I too am looking forward to more posts :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Bruce Williams

Post by Bruce Williams »

A warm welcome to the forum Brian - We've "met" before on the Wild About Britain website and I have also read your helpful tutorial on manual alignment of images within CombineZM (a favourite tool of mine too :D ).

First class images leaving me eager to see more.

Bruce :D .

LordV

Post by LordV »

Thanks again for the welcome bruce, beetleman and Dave :)

Beetleman- I do post on a few other other forums, but this one does have a lot of experts in my favourite PP activity - focus stacking.

Brian V.

LordV

Post by LordV »

DaveW wrote:You have not tried the advertising industry cheat of using Glycerin drops then Brian? I understand these are also supposed to sparkle better than water, different refractive index or something.

DaveW
Dave I have used glycerine or even sucrose solutions in other pictures, but you never get the end of blade dewdrops you get with natural dewdrops plus dewdrops are naturally pretty small (max around 2mm dia) which means the surface tension is high enough to overcome gravity and they make almost perfect spherical lenses.
brian V.

Danny

Post by Danny »

Well, who have we here then M8t :D :wink: . You certainly are one very talented macro shooter Brian and I know you have plenty to post. You took my eye with flies and drops awhile ago and great to see you with other subjects. Your details and eye for a shot stand out.

Excellent work sir, superb shots Brian and of course, welcome :D

All the best in the UK Brian, nice to see you here :lol:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Hi Brian,
Your reputation proceeds you.

That image on flickr "Christmas cactus flower taken sitting on an upturned wine glass balanced on a small halogen desklamp. The glass acts as a light guide."

You will have to go over that with us one day - please.

Craig

LordV

Post by LordV »

nzmacro wrote:Well, who have we here then M8t :D :wink: . You certainly are one very talented macro shooter Brian and I know you have plenty to post. You took my eye with flies and drops awhile ago and great to see you with other subjects. Your details and eye for a shot stand out.

Excellent work sir, superb shots Brian and of course, welcome :D

All the best in the UK Brian, nice to see you here :lol:

Danny.
Thanks Danny- wondered where you had disappeared to :)
Brian V.

LordV

Post by LordV »

augusthouse wrote:Hi Brian,
Your reputation proceeds you.

That image on flickr "Christmas cactus flower taken sitting on an upturned wine glass balanced on a small halogen desklamp. The glass acts as a light guide."

You will have to go over that with us one day - please.

Craig
Thanks for the welcome Craig :)

The wine glass trick is just as you described it - I first used it to take some pics of crystals (salt)and then with soap bubbles, but can give interesting effects with other things placed on the upturned base. I'm afraid I like playing and that's me playing. I suspect there other ways of providing under lighting.

brian V.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic