Looking Nikon gear.

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

fpelectronica

Looking Nikon gear.

Post by fpelectronica »

I'm looking for Nikon Apophot fine focus gear. I think it's the same as the Nikon S
Thank you

ldflan

Post by ldflan »

$85 for a brass version of the model S fine focus spur gear, which may require some machining on your scope to make it fit, too.

http://www.microscope-maintenance.com/SpurGears.html

Rafael at RAF camera, at my suggestion, tooled up and made some nylon fine focus spur gears for the S series a year or so ago. They worked great for a little while. The nylon used wasn't dimensionally stable enough, though, and they quickly got too big to work and jammed things up. He's not planning to try again, which is too bad...

fpelectronica

Post by fpelectronica »

Thanks for your answer
With shipping, tariffs, taxes ... exceeds my budget.
Best regards
Francisco

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Sorry, Francisco. I gave away a Nikon S a few month ago and would have given it to you, had I known you need it. That model can be very cheap in US eBay, if you are lucky, around $15-30 or so for a bare stand without objectives.

If you see an eBay one that ships only within US, you can buy it, have it shipped to me and I will ship it to you per actual cost. I can take apart Labophot/Optiphot kind of gear and put them back, but I have not repaired a Nikon S gear. It has an easily broken nylon gear, as I remember.

fpelectronica

Post by fpelectronica »

zzffnn wrote:Sorry, Francisco. I gave away a Nikon S a few month ago and would have given it to you, had I known you need it. That model can be very cheap in US eBay, if you are lucky, around $15-30 or so for a bare stand without objectives.

If you see an eBay one that ships only within US, you can buy it, have it shipped to me and I will ship it to you per actual cost. I can take apart Labophot/Optiphot kind of gear and put them back, but I have not repaired a Nikon S gear. It has an easily broken nylon gear, as I remember.
Thank you very much for your kindness and advice
I will search on Ebay.
Best regards
Francisco

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Francisco,
I have messaged you my shipping address and email, if case you need them.

fpelectronica

Post by fpelectronica »

Thank you very much
I will inform you
Best regards
Francisco

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic