www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Short Nikon S M 20x objective tube length
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Short Nikon S M 20x objective tube length

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzffnn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Short Nikon S M 20x objective tube length Reply with quote

I just want to confirm its tube length - is it 210mm or 160mm? I read from the Nikon S catalog that the short M 20x NA 0.40 (77834) is to be used with epi illuminator, which I assume adds 50mm of tube length.

I also read, that the short Nikon M 20x objective and strain free polarizing P 20x NA 0.40 objective (76806) both have working distance of 5.70 mm. That WD is good enough for my reflective macro imaging. I am ok with the fact that they are not plan (the M Plan 20x in the same series has WD of only 1.6mm, which is too short for me), considering how cheap they are currently.

Am I correct in assuming that the M20 and the P20 both use no cover slip and a tube length of 210 mm? Please kindly confirm. Thank you very much.

An example of M 20x is here (some version has no green ring, but I assume they have the same WD):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162532416985
I am not buying that one, just giving it as an example.
mtuell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan,

Maybe someone can confirm, but I think the M and P objectives for the Nikon S are 160/0. I've got a Model S with epi - I just looked, and there is a lens in the epi-illuminator! This leads me to believe that it can use the same objectives whether or not the illuminator is installed.

Good luck,
Mike
zzffnn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Mike.
I can use either 160 or 210 mm tube length, so I am asking just to get the optimal working condition.

Edit: forgot to say that, thanks to you, that Optiphot epi illuminator works perfectly for me. So I am good to go with 210mm and 160mm tube length.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: