Qustion for moderators

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

LVF

Qustion for moderators

Post by LVF »

Today I started to learn Zerene Stacker. I have 32 Tiff files of the Lens Align Ruler taken from the front to back of the ruler. I want to see how changing the Contrast Threshold (CT) affects the final stack.

However, I cannot find out how to change the CT value to different settings to get different results while the program is open with these 32 tiff files.

What I want to do is output a resulting stack for one CT setting. Then change the CT setting to get another resulting stack. And keep repeating this for several CT settings.

The only way I know now is to close the program and start over.

Is there a way to keep the program open and change the CT settings and output corresponding output files?

Leon

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Hhmm... I am puzzled.

The DMap contrast threshold can be specified in three ways:

1) By the position of a slider that appears in a popup window, half-way through processing. This is the default.

2) By numbers that are specified in Options > Preferences > DMap Settings, when the option to "Use preset contrast threshold" is selected.

3) By numbers and other options that are specified in a batch script.

None of these methods require closing the program to try a different threshold. In the first case you run DMap again and select a different slider position. The popup window containing the slider will reappear in the middle of the second DMap, same as it did in the first. The DMap processing must be repeated, but there is no need to close the program and start over. In the second case you would change the Options > Preferences settings and run DMap again, and in the third case you would edit the batch script and reload the edited version before running DMap again.

So I am very puzzled about what's happening to you that makes it appear that closing the program is required.

Please explain in more detail what you're doing, and what you're seeing.

--Rik

LVF

Rik

Post by LVF »

I just started looking at your program this morning and now nothing about it. But I dived right in using DMAP on the 32 tiff files for one setting of CT. But I knew nothing about getting another output with a second CT setting. But I do now.

Thank you

Leon

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic