www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Hi from sunny South Africa
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hi from sunny South Africa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoanYoung

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Hi from sunny South Africa Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,
This is the first time I will be posting something on this wonderful forum after being encouraged to do so by a very good friend of mine. I have only been doing macro or close-up photography for three or four months, so I am still pretty new at it and hope that you will not be too harsh on me, but I look forward to any and all criticism, good or bad, which will help me to improve.
Up to now I have been doing slide photography of wildlife using four Canon Cameras, two very old ones and two EOS’s, but as I am not working in that environment anymore, I decided to buy a small point and shoot for fun pictures, nothing serious. Having worked with sides and normal SLR cameras, I found the small size, fixed lens, digital format and smaller subjects to be a bit of a challenge in the beginning and almost decided that this was not for me. But I kept on getting these kind words of encouragement, and well, it was fun anyway. It is great having a delete button!! LOL!!
I am from South Africa and it might be interesting to note the differences in the species we have here compared to the USA and elsewhere. I must warn you that I know absolutely nothing about insects, and so am bound to get names wrong, even species on occasions. But as I go along, and the people of this forum help me, I am sure I will learn a lot.
I have always been interested in all facets of nature and do not specifically like any one thing, so I take photos of flowers, insects, reptiles, fungi, the weather or anything which looks interesting.
There are some terrific pictures on this site and I am sure I am not good enough to post pictures amongst all of these, but it might be of interest.
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Joan, I am sure you will do fine. We have a great bunch of shooters on here, both macro and micro and you will find a great deal of good sound advice and constructive criticism as well. As for your point and shoot equipment, there are a number of us, self included, who began only with point and shoot type cameras, so not to worry. Again welcome aboard. Very Happy

I see you solved your image uploader problem, good
JoanYoung

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome Ken. I hope I can post something of interest to everyone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: