unidentified

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

justme

unidentified

Post by justme »

Just Me

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Welcome to the forum Jennifer!

That could be... water on Mars? :D
Could you give us some context?
Chris R

justme

Post by justme »

I suppose it could be water on Mars. lol. Maybe that's where it came from.

It is a cell or egg or something. An infection of some sort. I think it is fungal. Seems to resemble cryptoccoosis or ....a cestode. I have no idea really.
I am just wondering if there is anyone who can actually identify it. I think the pictures are clear enough for someone who had experience with these things to be able to give an opinion.
There are so many different things involved I can't tell anymore. I thought I had an idea but I don't know.

Like this photo for instance...I think it is an amoeba? But what do I know. You can see the hair to give you perspective.
Just Me

justme

Post by justme »

Thanks Chris R for welcoming me to the forum!
Just Me

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

justme wrote:An infection of some sort.
Hhmm... Words like these are always worrisome. They often come from people who are trying to diagnose some problem themselves, when they should be consulting qualified medical practitioners.

If this is not your situation, then please tell us a lot more about how the sample was collected, processed, and imaged. In what you've shown above, you have not even told us what magnification.

Based only on what I can see in the images, the most likely explanation would be that these are tiny air bubbles entrained in a slightly viscous and non-homogeneous fluid, reflecting a pattern of bright lights from your illuminator.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic