Exploding toads

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gpmatthews

Exploding toads

Post by gpmatthews »

Curious - perhaps one of Ken's "unusual" diseases?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4486247.stm
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

That would be comical if it weren't so sad and disgusting. Yuck! Thanks for sharing....I think! :lol:
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sounds to me like they have "gas." :lol: Someone told me many years ago that roaches will do the same thing if fed "baking soda" of all things. Since their digestive system has no way of expelling gas. Now I don't know if all that is true, we all know how we hear things from unreliable sources sometimes. However an interesting bit of information Graham. I would like to see this. Could it possibly be a bacterial infection these hoppers have? :-k

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic