What`s with cockroaches, have anyone experience with them?

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

All Ex

What`s with cockroaches, have anyone experience with them?

Post by All Ex »

Two days ago, I was trying to figure out a "head" that looks like one.
After half a day (from 17:00 to 01:00) I was disappointed and I gave up.
The peculiar bug had two tiny antennas that seemed to came out of nowhere, no mater how I place the bug I didn`t managed to frame a proper image (that looks like it should ).
What`s your favorite establishment of whatever bug ?
In my case I suspected that the pure thing lost his life without having something like a head (that looks like one) to offer.
I was working with a Nikon D800, a Nikon 10X and as a tube lens I was using a 200mm MF prime lens.

All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

If you look up "cryptocephalus" you'll find insects with, as the name suggests, hidden heads. Then the Cryptocercus, brown hooded cockroaches, really don't look like they have a head.
Could be that's what you had?
Chris R

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

Obvious that`s my case, I`ve got very upset that night, I could not believe in my eyes, I didn`t imagine that could exist a living creature without head. Thank you Cris, what can I say we keep on learning wile we live.

:)
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

I didn`t imagine that could exist a living creature without head.
In fact there are lots of headless living beings, even within the Animal kingdom, think at sponges, jellyfishes...but no at the Insecta class, the antennae always protrude from the head.
Your roach will not be a good thinker though.
Pau

All Ex

Post by All Ex »

I knew that roaches can live decapitated for several days, I was (un)lucky enough to run in one that had no (at least not a visible one) formed container of the, so called, brain of them.
I wish I`ll never come again with a bug that will give me so much difficulty in finding something to photograph of it.

:?
All--Ex
My YouTube initial video

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic