First macro with MP-E65

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertoM

First macro with MP-E65

Post by RobertoM »

Some shot with MP-E65...
All photos with Canon eos 30D, Canon MP-E65 (at 5x), Flash Canon macro twin lite MT-24EX, tripod Manfrotto.

I put a drop of marmalade on a tree near some ants...

Jaws 1

Jaws 2

Jaws 3

Roberto.

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Good start, Roberto! As you are finding, this lens is usable, but difficult. Keep working with it, and you will succeed, as you are finding with these shots.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

RobertoM

Post by RobertoM »

Thank you.
The lens in not easy, but I'm satisfied.
Now I must buy a Manfrotto 454 micrometrical slide, because is not easy move the tripod and the 30D for the focus...
And maybe an Canon angular sight (I hope write correct...)
Roberto

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Amazing closeups Roberto. Beautiful ants...I have never seen ants with red heads and black bodies. I think you need to get underneath them so we can see their tongues lapping up the marmalade (only joking). I love how sharp the eyes are :shock:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

RobertoM

Post by RobertoM »

Before they eat marmalade, are very active... after, I think they have a full stomach and are statics...
This is the confirmation that the sugar isn't good for the brain.... :)
Roberto.

Erland R.N.

Post by Erland R.N. »

Good (edit, added an extra o :D ) job with your new lens. I've just picked up a used MP-E 65 this wensday, and have tried it out on two occasions now. It is really something else to use than my normal 150-180 mm lenses.
I use it with monopod, not ideal, but I can understand your problems with tripod too.

Erland
Last edited by Erland R.N. on Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

That lens takes some nice sharp images but I can see DOF is a real problem. Kind of like shooting through a microscope. However I think you did pretty good with this lens. I had thought of buying one but decided against it. Too much money and I have a microscope already, two of them. :D However I am not above taking donations for with which to purchase one though... 8)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic