Sabah

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pwiles1968

Sabah

Post by pwiles1968 »

Hi To everyone It has been a long time since I posted on here and this is not up to my old standard but I'm starting again, we Have some Stick insects in the house so I have no excuse not to pick up the camera, i do not even have to walk into the back garden.

This Sabah Stick (Aretaon asperrimus) Is a female, you can just see the foot of a male in the shot the males are much smaller and they ride round on the back of the female, I will post a shot when I get a good one.

FZ20 + Nikon T6 + Flash.
Last edited by pwiles1968 on Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

salden

Post by salden »

Hey Paul

Good to see you posting again. I love the stick critters. I seldom get the opportunity to see them and I like this up close in your face image.
Sue Alden

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Welcome back, Paul! I almost never see these guys, so I enjoy seeing these. That eye is interesting.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Paul wrote:
the males are much smaller and they ride round on the back of the female
Hey why not? Ain't no use in a guy wear'n himself out a pair of shoes. :lol:

Welcome back Paul :D I haven't seen a Walking Stick or any stick creatures since I left Arakansas. They have bunches of them out there. As Mike commented that eye is something else. Wonder why insects have different eye patters like that? :-k Great image! :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic