A contrarian view: Honeybee demise no big deal

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

A contrarian view: Honeybee demise no big deal

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

http://www.slate.com/id/2170305/

I don't agree with this, but it is interesting. It does point out that the weakening of honeybees may actually create a good situation for macro photographers in some respects--More variety of subjects!
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I don`t know Mike...it sounds like the same crap that happens whenever we try to minipulate nature to do our bidding. When I had my tropical fish tanks, I remember the magazines and books telling you "if you medicate your fish with antibiotics, do not dump the water out in the wild". Here again it was the fear of causing Resistance. I truly believe something is going to come out of the wild and do humanity in......
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

As I said, I doubt myself that the article is correct, but I've been known to be wrong a time or two!

With luck, even if the worst happens, honeybees will eventually develop a resistance to whatever it is that is killing them off now, and make a comeback. In the meantime, things could get difficult as far as pollination goes, however.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic