Bugslabber 1.1 released

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Bill Eldridge

Bugslabber 1.1 released

Post by Bill Eldridge »

Bugslabber has moved to version 1.1.

Change log:

-- fixed a bug that affected users who save Depth Maps

-- fixed an issue with slabbing partial image ranges

-- added a "Reload" button for convenience when reloading a ZS Project that has newly saved changes

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

I'd just like to say that Bugslabber is an excellent tool. I kept meaning to try slabbing but the other tools available appeared somewhat complicated. I'm not averse to a bit of technical tinkering but I'm already on several steep learning curves so I procrastinated. When I saw the recent post about Bugslabber 1.0 I took a look at the instructions and liked the apparent simplicity. It took ten minutes to download, install and have my first slabbing script running in zerene. (Note: I suspect the other tools will be similarly easy to use, but that wasn't my initial impression).

Bugslabber is now firmly entrenched in my workflow - just half a dozen mouse clicks to create a script after aligning frames and saving a project in zerene. A donation is on its way. I've yet to see any appreciable output difference between straight and slabbed stacks, but having the slabs with more DoF in each makes retouching so much quicker and easier the finished result is much improved.

Great job - thanks.

pontop

Post by pontop »

I fully agree with Beatsy. Great tool.
Next on my wish list is a function to make a script for making Dmap stacks of the generated Pmax slabs with a series of different settings automatically.

/Bo

Bill Eldridge

Post by Bill Eldridge »

Thanks, Beatsy and pontop.

Funny you should mention a DMap variations generator, pontop. Great minds think alike, no? I guess it's the Zeitgeist.

Stay tuned for the imminent release of DMapper, which spits out a batch script with up to 20 variations, has a couple of auto-fill options for the settings table, and lets you save and load settings tables.

Beta testers welcome. Please PM me if you're interested.

pontop

Post by pontop »

I'm on for beta testing!

/Bo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic