www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - New member from Brisbane, Australia - links to big images
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
New member from Brisbane, Australia - links to big images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject: New member from Brisbane, Australia - links to big images Reply with quote

Hi All,
I am an insect illustrator who has moved into focus-stacked photography as the technology took over.
I currently use one of Roy Larimer's Visionary Digital BK-Plus lab systems, sometimes for special projects with a Hasselblad H4D-200MS camera.
A couple of these have just been uploaded to Google Cultural Institute by Queensland Museum.
https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/a-parasitic-tachinid-fly/wAEdj0EbZE2cNQ
https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/asset-viewer/a-jewel-butterfly/qwGiQmZXgFNZ7Q
I mostly photograph insects and other specimens from the collection.
Here are examples of crops from an image of a new genus of stiletto fly.

Roy recommended I join this group and I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.
Cheers,
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, Geoff!
Carmen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard Geoff T!

and great photo contributions to google!
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Geoff!

Looking at your tachinid image in Google, I see that along the leading edges of its wings it has some of the same structures recently shown to us at higher magnification HERE.

I notice also that in your tachinid image there are strips of what look like naked membrane -- no hairs -- paralleling some of the central veins. Is that perception correct, or is there something interesting going on with the photography?

--Rik
ChrisR
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NB - I had to double-click the insect images in Geoff's links before they would zoom bigger. I didn't realise, first time I visited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Community Members and Friends All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: