Star Fish

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Walter Piorkowski

Star Fish

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

Star Fish

Canon Pro90IS camera
EM3500 close-up lens
Natural light with fill flash
Some Photoshop enhancements

I hope these images are close-up enough to be considered for this forum. On a recent vacation trip that put me for a time on the California Pacific coastline I was able to spend some time in the tide pools as the ocean was rising. These starfish and the subjects of a future post became visible as the wave induced water would rush back out to the ocean. These subjects are something you will not often see posted by me, a land locked resident of Illinois. As you can see the purple specimen was very well camouflaged.

Walt

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I can smell the salt air now...I grew up on Long Island, New York and we just about grew gills we were in the water so much. I have an underwater housing for my Canon but it does not get much use lately. They do have some beautiful starfish on the Pacific side. I am not sure about the purple one..... :wink: Nice photos walter.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

twebster

Post by twebster »

I don't often get to go to the ocean, either. I am fascinated by the ocean creatures, however, just never have the time to go. :( Next time you find yourself shooting around water, carry a polarizing filter with you. It will knock off the glare and reveal the color of the subjects better. Nice images. :D
Tom Webster

Phoenix "The Valley of the Sun", Arizona, USA

The worst day photographing dragonflies is better than the best day working! :)

Walter Piorkowski

Post by Walter Piorkowski »

Thanks for the interest Doug and your pointer Tom about the polarizer. I actually had one in the car but was so far away I was afraid that the tide would be up too high when I got back. Won't forget it next time.
Walt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic