New Lens...

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

New Lens...

Post by Ken Ramos »

After much soul searching (looking through my wallet) and review reading, and asking around, I finally broke down and got my new lens. I wanted a good "walk around" lens, to where I could do general photography but maybe some light macro work too, if the chance presented itself. :-k

So, taking some good advice from our members has always seemed to be the best thing to do. You guys have "been there, done that...,"as the saying goes. Thanks Sue! :D

EOS 30D
Manual mode/hand held
1/125 sec. @ f/13 ISO 100
Canon EF 28-135mm IS Wide Angel Zoom
430EX Speedlite
Cloudy, well above 6,000' and cold! :shock:

salden

Post by salden »

Oh boy...you got my walk around lens :lol:

I love that lens and it goes with me everywhere. It is a good "all around" lens.

Nice image there Ken, but how cold was it? The flowers were blooming and you have a fly on the flower and he is not wearing a jacket.
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well for July 2nd it was cold, after having drove up from the flatlands of Rutherford Co. I would guess about the upper 50's or low 60's. Very cloudy, with storms rolling in, I was on Mt. Mitchell. Highest point east of the Mississippi. :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Excellent photo ken. I see at least 5 insects in the picture, maybe more. The yellow really matches the green in the background. Mt. Mitchell beats Mt. Washington in New Hampshire by only 396 feet :( . We do have the second most hiked mountain in the world , Mt. Monadnock http://www.tmclark.com/monadnock.html
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hey they said "old timers" have climbed that mountain. I haven't been there yet as I know of. :-k :lol: That is a real pretty view from up there. Hopefully when I get to retire for the second time, in about 10 more years, I will get to make it up there. :wink:

Thanks Doug :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic