blackberry horn

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Litonotus

blackberry horn

Post by Litonotus »

very hard and sharp thing.

really hard to stack, no bright places details /:

10x stacks
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Very good shot, you can clearly see the lignin cells!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

carlos.uruguay

Post by carlos.uruguay »

Excellent

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

thanks (:
my FB page

I'm looking for the the extemely rare V-IM magnification changer for the E800 scope. If you have seen a listing or have one for sale please let me know.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The last two came out really well. I'm assuming you stacked these with ZS. The first image looks like it got treated too harshly by PMax. I would expect DMap to work well on the main body of the thorn and maybe even on those "sparkly" hairs. Have you tried DMap?

--Rik

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Nice results.

Rogelio

_Michal_

Post by _Michal_ »

Really interesting subject and nice photo.
Best regards
Michal

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

thank you (:

Yes it was ZS (:
rjlittlefield wrote:Have you tried DMap?
I have not... I see some troubles when stacking images with very bright parts, they usually turn out as overcontrasted and in turn with no detail in bright parts.
my FB page

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Litonotus wrote:I see some troubles when stacking images with very bright parts, they usually turn out as overcontrasted and in turn with no detail in bright parts.
That's a common effect produced by PMax because that method tends to increase contrast.

DMap does not increase contrast, so it gives a cleaner result in that respect.

Of course there are tradeoffs -- DMap can be harder to use because there are controls you need to know how to operate. See the tutorial How To Use DMap for some guidance. The Advanced Retouching video tutorial has some discussion also.

--Rik

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Thanks. I'm not sure I have those options available - I'm alble to choose pmax, dmap or both, but there are no other detailed settings for them.
my FB page

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Nice images. When you'll chose to do a stack with dmap, the contrast treshold window will pop-up.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Litonotus wrote:Thanks. I'm not sure I have those options available - I'm alble to choose pmax, dmap or both, but there are no other detailed settings for them.
Detailed options for DMap are at Options > Preferences > DMap Settings. The How To Use DMap tutorial was not explicit about that. I have edited it to address that issue.

As JohnyM says, the contrast threshold window will pop up halfway through the DMap processing, between pass #1 and pass #2. This is the most important control. You want to make all the unfocused areas go "black in preview". That phrase is discussed in more detail in the tutorial.

--RIk

Litonotus

Post by Litonotus »

Thank you, I will try those settings next time (I deleted images I used here).
my FB page

vasselle

Post by vasselle »

Hello
very nice
Microscope Leitz Laborlux K
Boitier EOS 1200d

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic