looking for Very Simple software for digital photos

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

looking for Very Simple software for digital photos

Post by rjlittlefield »

I need some advice & pointers.

I have a friend who would like to get into digital photography but wants to keep it Very Simple. You know, like film used to be. You pulled the film out of the camera, sealed it into a processing envelope, dropped it in the mail, and after a while the developed film and prints came back. Pretty much your only choice was whether you wanted 1 or 2 prints of each negative!

I'm looking for software that will make the computer side of things just about that simple. I'm thnking drag and drop to print, drag and drop to email, with the only required info being how big (physical size for prints, pixel dimensions for email), and how many (if printing).

For a camera, I like the Canon A640 -- set it on Green Dot for now, with lots of flexibility for later.

What can you recommend for Very Simple software to work with it?

Thanks!
--Rik

teva

Post by teva »

I use irfanview for quick editing. It simple and you can do it fast. But i would recommend picasa or photoshop album. They both are set for beginners.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Teva, thanks for the suggestions.

Anybody else have other suggestions, or are Picasa and Photoshop Album everybody's favorites?

--Rik

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Picassa and PS Album are good ones. Also take a look at ACDSee.

Moebius

Post by Moebius »

I found Ulead's Photo Explorer, which comes with Ulead's PhotoImpace to be extremely easy to use and has many nice, easy to use features.

Ken

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Usually the processing software on the CD that comes with the camera is pretty simple and basic Rik, plus you get that anyway when you buy the camera.

Not sure if Windows does not come with some basic digital stuff in it now anyway?

DaveW

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic