Nematocysts

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Super set with amazing details.

Rogelio

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Super set with amazing details.

Rogelio

pwnell

Post by pwnell »

discomorphella wrote:Uh oh. Now I have to resist the urge to fix and microtome one of my corallinamorphs....and I've spent a lot of effort raising them so now they are finally starting to propagate. But I REALLY want to see what they look like fixed and stained. Great, no fantastic shots. What species did you use? And I am assuming you just cut/squashed these and put them under the 60/1.2W. Must....resist...urge... to...microtome....corallinamorphs...

David
:) I know what you mean. I bought a small polyp from an LFS for my needs - hated to dissect it. I am not 100% sure on the exact species though. I did not take a photo before using it. It could have been Rhodactis sp.

discomorphella

Post by discomorphella »

Your wet mount shots of those nematocysts are so gorgeous I really won't be able to resist fixing and staining one of the smaller bud polyps now. Just have to figure out how to gently slice it off (number 11 scalpel blade on a stick with a little collecting pipetter or bag maybe) without hurting the main anemone. Gotta love our 60/1.2W objectives. Nothing like that collar for wet mounts.

David

piermicro

Post by piermicro »

Very, very well.

_Michal_

Post by _Michal_ »

Stunning set and incredible details.
Best regards
Michal

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic