Leap'n...

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Leap'n...

Post by Ken Ramos »

Not many of you remember Little Orphan Annie, I'm sure. Also some of you may wonder why I am posting monochrome images here of late...well, its because none of you all are...so there! :P Besides someone has to do it. :lol:

(Both images)
EOS 30D
Manual mode, electronic yellow filter/hand held
1/250 sec. @ f/14 ISO 400
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 macro
Canon 430EX Speedlite w/diffuser -2/3
Partial metering/contasting low (2)
Post Processing: Photo Impact 6

Blue channel was not pulled down in the first image and I seem to detect a bit of red also but I am not sure. In the second the blue was pulled down about "two clicks." I like the effect. Makes it look like as though it was pulled out of some old persons shoe box full of memories. :roll: Okay, so I'm old too! :lol:

Erland R.N.

Post by Erland R.N. »

I like the first images best. Although it's eye appears dark there too, the reflection in the eye asures me that the lizard really got a right eye. But apart from that the second one is great too.

I like your monochrome experiments, and think maybe more should experiment with that. Guess I'll have to try some day :)

I just got a new LCD monitor after using CRT for years. Sharpness is great, but I'm not sure I have it adjusted as well as I would like yet, and will strugle commenting on the choise of cllour tones. But the blue one appear more natural to me for this kind of subject. Not sure why.

Erland

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I suppose both images could stand to be a bit lighter. :-k You know, I thought mono was going to be much simpler to shoot than color but it seems I thought wrong. I really have to watch the contrasts between dark and light areas. I never considered the fact that whites would be so easy to blow in monochrome too, in fact they are more easy to blow than in color images. :roll: Anyway I am really enjoying working with mono, so I will probably be at it for a good while. Maybe I will do a color image or two here and there. Thanks Erland :D

cactuspic

Post by cactuspic »

I think the B&W works well here becuse the texture of the lizard are so intersting. Good job. I like the tonalies of #1 better but I liike the crop of #2.

Irwin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Seems you hit the nail on the head there Irwin. Just what I thought too! Thanks! :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I think they are both excellent Ken. I would take them in color and then do the monochrome in post processing. Just so I would have the color print :wink:
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know I thought about that Doug but there is something about expressly having shot them in mono that appeals to me. Good idea though. Thanks Doug :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic