Tent Wing Moth

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Tent Wing Moth

Post by Ken Ramos »

A bit early I would think, maybe "left overs?" :lol: Anyway from what I had read about them, after having photographed the caterpillar, the adult moths were not to even show up until late June or early July :-k

Tent Wing Moth
EOS 30D
Manual, monochrome/ yellow filter mode, hand held
1/250 sec. @ f/14 ISO 400
Canon EF-S 60mm F/2.8 macro
Canon 430EX Speedlite -2/3
Midday, pine needles, in shade

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Very nice Ken! :D
Moth's hair and pattern looks great in B & W as well as pine needles. :wink:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Nikola :D It is puzzling to me why I found this moth so early in the season. :-k

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Excellent photo Ken. The different textures work very well. Usually anything that speeds up insect development would have to do with the environment...maybe the weather...global warming....changes in their food supply. When fish stocks are getting depleted by overfishing, the fish start breeding earlier and smaller in size. They are responding to a change in their environment. I guess something is going on here. :-k
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Doug replied:
Usually anything that speeds up insect development would have to do with the environment...maybe the weather...global warming....changes in their food supply.
Never really considered it Doug but you could be right or probably are, with the way things are going these days. The world does appear to be in quite a bit of an upheavail and does not look as though things are going to get better anytime soon, more than likely worse. :shock: Still I was assuming that this might just be last years adult. I don't know how long the adults live. The caterpillars have now moved down from the trees and their cocoons can be found in various places if one looks diligently. Thanks Doug :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic