Some monads in jelly

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wolfgang Bettighofer

Some monads in jelly

Post by Wolfgang Bettighofer »

Hi friends,

recently I had a sample from my sphagnum pond which rested for a week in a Petri dish (is this the correct expression?). After that time there was grown something. It looked like a mushroom or alien or ... :) The first picture is taken through the eyepiece of a BINO Zeiss STEMI SV6 without special mounting of camera.

Details under higher magnification (Planapo 63/1,4):

I hope one of you have an idea for identification of this flagellat up to family ore so...
Cheers, Wolfgang

PS: Reduces number of pictures due to members reproval indicating board rules
Last edited by Wolfgang Bettighofer on Wed May 16, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Very, very nice photographs, Wolfgang! :D :smt023
Well, ... uhmmm... it is somehow more difficult to tell it to experienced memeber than novice... but... (pssssssst... I will not tell enyone... but you are breaking the rules) :wink:
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Wolfgang Bettighofer

MacroLuv wrote:Very, very nice photographs, Wolfgang! :D :smt023
Well, ... uhmmm... it is somehow more difficult to tell it to experienced memeber than novice... but... (pssssssst... I will not tell enyone... but you are breaking the rules) :wink:
OK, unfortunately the board's rules are too complicated for me.
Probably too much pictures. OK, I have reduced... For more details please look at http://www.mikroskopie-forum.de/read.ph ... #msg-31286

So long, Wolfgang

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Greetngs Wolfgang...

http://starcentral.mbl.edu/microscope/p ... ageid=2865

Your detailed image is excellent... better than any of the references I have found!

You can put 3 images per day in each section. Besides, we need more microscope images around here, so don't worry too much about it.

Wolfgang Bettighofer

Charles Krebs wrote:Greetngs Wolfgang...

http://starcentral.mbl.edu/microscope/p ... ageid=2865

Your detailed image is excellent... better than any of the references I have found!

You can put 3 images per day in each section. Besides, we need more microscope images around here, so don't worry too much about it.
Thanks, Charles!
Spongomonas should be correct. I didn't see them before and graphics in textbooks were too far away from my impressions.

3 images per day. Perhaps the rule should be "3 postings with images per day". Sometimes it's necessary to show more to tell a story... Anyway! It's not my turn interpreting Photomicrography's rules.
Perhaps the site admins will comment this rule.

Kind regards, Wolfgang

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

The point is on the images because they gives the "weight" in kB and significance in terms of space and bandwidth, impact of text is minor. So limit is 3 images (max. 800×800 up to 200 kB each) per day per forum section. Number of posts is your decision. Exception is "Favorite Locations" section where four images are allowed per post (also per day of course).
We want your other great images, please. :D
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

bernhardinho

Post by bernhardinho »

Hi Wolfgang

I sometimes use a dirty trick to sort of counterbalance the forum rules: I show all my rubbish in the german forum and put a link here for further insight! :D :oops:

Bernhard

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic