Vaginicola in its lorica

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

billporter1456

Vaginicola in its lorica

Post by billporter1456 »

Here's a little video I just uploaded. I believe the organism is Vaginicola. Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9eXyt9QiY4

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Nice subject and excellent video!

billporter1456

Post by billporter1456 »

Charles Krebs wrote:Nice subject and excellent video!
Thanks, Charles, I'm glad you liked it! It was a new organism for me. Having only been in this hobby since last fall, I see something new almost every time I fire up the scope.

Brian Matsumoto

Post by Brian Matsumoto »

I enjoyed watching your videos and found the captions to be most helpful. A question. I noticed the background color change when you switch from low-power phase objected to a higher power one. It struck me the lower powered shots were "warmer" while the higher power shots were "cold". Were both objectives made by the same manufacturer or did you use different brands between the two magnifications?

Brian

billporter1456

Post by billporter1456 »

Brian Matsumoto wrote:I enjoyed watching your videos and found the captions to be most helpful. A question. I noticed the background color change when you switch from low-power phase objected to a higher power one. It struck me the lower powered shots were "warmer" while the higher power shots were "cold". Were both objectives made by the same manufacturer or did you use different brands between the two magnifications?

Brian
Hi Brian,

The 20X was a Nikon Plan and the 40X was a Zeiss Neofluar. I have noticed that I get that bluish background unless I do a white balance or fiddle with the color temp. or tint. I like the look, so I usually don't do anything to change it.

Brian Matsumoto

Post by Brian Matsumoto »

Thank you Bill, the coloration from your Nikon objective lens reminds me of that obtained when using the Leitz Phaco objective. I've never looked through a Nikon phase objective--your images are very good.

Brian

pwnell

Post by pwnell »

Yep very informative.

carlos.uruguay

Post by carlos.uruguay »

Excellent

billporter1456

Post by billporter1456 »

Thanks Brian, pwnell, and Carlos for watching and for you kind remarks. I am trying to finish up a Lacrymaria video showing 5 captures of protists, including a Euplotes. It runs almost 9 minutes, which is too long IMHO, but I had a lot of shots I just couldn't bring myself to edit out. :D

Jacek

Post by Jacek »

Very nice video :shock:

billporter1456

Post by billporter1456 »

Jacek wrote:Very nice video :shock:
Thanks, Jacek! Your microscopy photos are one reason I do these videos. When I took up the microscopy hobby a few months ago, I visited this forum and saw photos by you, Charles Krebs, and others. The images were so impressive that I couldn’t imagine ever posting still images here. Then I thought that maybe I could do some videos that would be worth posting, so that’s what I’m attempting to do.

piermicro

Post by piermicro »

Excellent video.

billporter1456

Post by billporter1456 »

piermicro wrote:Excellent video.
Thanks, piermicro!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic