Hirox KH-8700 3D Digital Microscope (+1 image added)

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

canonian

Hirox KH-8700 3D Digital Microscope (+1 image added)

Post by canonian »

A week before Christmas I was invited to attend a demonstration of the Hirox KH-8700 3D Microscope, a wonderful experience which I like so share with you.
I was invited to join Emilien Leonhardt, European Sales Manager for Hirox at the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.
You probably have seen him as the microscope operator from the BBC programme "Miniature Britain", discussed here.

During the post from the BBC film we came in contact, and he asked me to join him and bring some specimen.
Being in a Museum, the Anthrenus verbasci, varied carpet beetle or Museum beetle would be an appropriate choice.
Among the other objects that were inspected, the larvae was viewed in various different modes in which the microscope operates.

To me the most amazing features I was shown that day were the Autostitching, the fast Autostacking,
the 3D Model that was extracted from the different focalpoints during stacking to create data for a 3D XML model,
the Rotary Angle Head and the very accessable User Interface to operate the microcope.

I was very pleased to have given the opportunity to get acquainted with this remarkable microscope.

A videorecording that has been made that day with the 360 Degree Angle Head can be seen here : http://youtu.be/8u1CZWzRmqY

A still from the video, lost some quality by converting and uploading to YouTube
Last edited by canonian on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

canonian

Post by canonian »

I added a picture of 3D textured wireframe , to illustrate my post in Keith's 3D scan of fly head.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic