www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Shakey Dust Removal!
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Shakey Dust Removal!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Shakey Dust Removal! Reply with quote

A friend of mine just e-mailed me this article showing in camera ultra-sonic dust removal systems are not very effective:-

http://pixinfo.com/en/articles/ccd-dust-removal/

DaveW
rjlittlefield
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveW, thanks for the info. Sometimes it takes only the simplest of tests to blow a huge hole in marketing claims!

--Rik
Bruce Williams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for thinking to put up this link Dave. I'd always assumed less than 100% effectiveness but would never have thought performance would have been this poor.

Bruce
Ken Ramos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A soft cosmetics brush purchased at the local drug store does an excellent job of removing dust. Especially if you blow it off first with a can of dust remover. This I am told that the dust remover creates a static charge on the cosmetics brush and the dust particles will cling to it and they simply will not be moved around but removed with the brush after cleaning the sensor. What ever the reason, it has worked quite well for me and I have had no problems with keeping a clean sensor since. So save your money on that ultra sonic cleaning stuff, it isn't all its cracked up to be anyway. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum and Community Announcements All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: