Though Easter is past...

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Though Easter is past...

Post by Ken Ramos »

Walking around out back of the house with camera in hand and hoping to run across something worthwhile for a macro, I just happened to stumble across this adorable little creature. No more than six inches at the most, while at rest, it was so scared to move that it afforded me the chance to capture these two images. As a matter of fact, it was so scared to move that I was within inches of this little rabbit while taking the second image. :D

Baby Rabbit
EOS 20D
Manual mode/hand held
1/250 sec. @ f/5.6 ISO 400
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 macro
Daylight, overcast afternoon

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

What a cute little guy! I especially like the head-on shot.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Yeah that head-on shot I really liked. I was surprised it turned out so well. Thanks Mike :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

What a beautiful little creature Ken....excellent photo. Cute..Cute..Cute
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

I just hope the little thing survives the wild. Cats, of which there are one or two around here, are notorious for catching and killing rabbits, especially small ones like this and not to mention dogs of which there are several around here where I live. So, with any luck this little rabbit hopped on off in to the brush where it may hopefully be concealed and grow to be an adult Cottontail. I almost stepped on it, it was so small :lol: The thought crossed my mind to maybe keep it but like any wild creature, it should be left alone and I did not relish the thought of having to get rabies shots should it have bitten me. :shock: It would have fit nicely in my vest pocket. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic