Wing scales, 3 stereo pairs @50X

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

albertr

Post by albertr »

Charles Krebs wrote:... I suspect the full frame 6D might also have a very slight vibration as well. (This is based solely on an in store, hand held "evaluation" and so I hesitate to even mention it. But if I were looking for a full-frame body and completely vibration free EFSC were a critical feature it needs to be checked out more carefully).
I'm looking into purchasing a new full-frame dSLR camera and Canon 6D is one of the options I'm considering. Would like to know whether it has vibration issue or not... Any information is greatly appreciated!

-albertr
Last edited by albertr on Mon May 20, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pwnell

Post by pwnell »

Thank you for your detailed reply. That is what I figured... High magnification stacks only work for me if I can minimise the image depth of field.

curt0909

Post by curt0909 »

Wow! Excellent at 50x.

Charlie, I assume these fan cooled illuminators are the halogen type. Do you see a benefit to using them over LED emitters like the Jansjo?

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

curt,
Do you see a benefit to using them over LED emitters like the Jansjo?
Only that it is much brighter(and I can get a tighter beam if desired). I now have the MM-11 set up with an Olympus super wide-field viewing head. It is very nice to use, but if I use the Ikea lights with the 50X when the trinocular tube is set to split between camera and viewing, the viewing image is pretty dark. For looking through the eyepieces the Ikea LED lights are fine for my 5X and 10X, a bit dim with the 20X, but too dark with the 50X.

albertr,
I'm looking into purchasing a new full-frame dSLR camera and Canon 6D is one of the options I'm considering. Would like to know whether it has vibration issue or not... Any information is greatly appreciated!
I need to get my hands on one and actually test it. So far I have only handled it in a store and tried to determine if is has that that little "kick" (as in the 60D :cry: ). It seemed to me that it was similar to the 60D in that regard, but this is by no means a definitive answer. So if I were to be considering that model for extreme macro or microscope work I would definitely want to test it more carefully. I intend to rent one for a few days. If and when I do I'll post what I find.

albertr

Post by albertr »

Charles Krebs wrote: I need to get my hands on one and actually test it. So far I have only handled it in a store and tried to determine if is has that that little "kick" (as in the 60D :cry: ). It seemed to me that it was similar to the 60D in that regard, but this is by no means a definitive answer. So if I were to be considering that model for extreme macro or microscope work I would definitely want to test it more carefully. I intend to rent one for a few days. If and when I do I'll post what I find.
Charlie, that's great news! I'll hold on my purchase and will be awaiting results of your testing. Thanks!

-albertr

albertr

Post by albertr »

I decided to bite the bullet and get 5D Mark III. It costs much more than I ever wanted to spend on a camera, but hopefully should be a safe bet feature-wise.

-albertr

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic