How about a videomicroscopy section?

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Thomas Ashcraft

How about a videomicroscopy section?

Post by Thomas Ashcraft »

Hi all camera folks and moderators. I thought I would float an idea here in this section to see if there is any interest.

Do you think it would be worthwhile setting up a separate videomicroscopy section apart from a photomicroscopy section?

Since this forum is a broader "amateurmicroscopy.net" rather than just an "amateurphotomicroscopy.net" then a separate section header just below this section might better accomodate video practitioners. I don't think there is anything like this on the net right now and it would certainly fulfill a niche. In the future, videomicroscopy will be gaining in popularity as people discover its possibilities through simple cameras. This would put our dynamic forum out in front of a trend.

The videos need not be uploaded here ( like photos currently are) due to their file size but links can be provided.

What do people think? Videomicroscopy is complimentery to photomicroscopy for sure but quite different in result and practice.

Tom in New Mexico

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Tom,
That would be fine with me, but I don't have a clue how many people would participate. The videos you have showed us are excellent, and even if there is no specific section for video, I would like to see you continue to put links to them in the "photo" section.

Thomas Ashcraft

Post by Thomas Ashcraft »

Charles Krebs wrote:Tom,
That would be fine with me, but I don't have a clue how many people would participate. The videos you have showed us are excellent, and even if there is no specific section for video, I would like to see you continue to put links to them in the "photo" section.
Hi Charlie,

Yes, maybe a suggestion a little ahead of its time I guess.

I hope to be posting more work soon. The ice has just melted off the top of my rain barrel ( my specimen source ) and all the micro-organisms down in there have made it through the winter vitally.

Good observations to you and all.

Tom

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I agree with Charles...I would love to see a video section but right now it would be a lonely place. I also love all the videos you post Thomas (I am also waiting for the ice to melt :wink: )
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic