Eremosphaera revisited

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wolfgang Bettighofer

Eremosphaera revisited

Post by Wolfgang Bettighofer »

A few days ago I posted an Eremosphaera picture. The abnormal state (cytoplasma sligthly condensed due to osmotic pressure) shown there made the inner structure of chloroplast clear: Pyreonid grain with amylum shell. But the appearance was uncommon.

Last weekend I had time to assemble another 15 Eremosphaera shots manually (contrast gradient of micro-photos taken with high aperture objectivs are too weak for CombineZM). This specimen was in good condition. Now you only see brace like marks amidst the chloroplasts which represent the amylum shells of pyrenoids.
Eremospharea viridis
Zeiss Universal
Planapo 63/1,4 Oil, DIC
Luxeon 3W LED
Olympus C7070WZ
1/90s, f/4.8 ISO 80
Auto Exposure Mode

Kind regards, Wolfgang

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Excellent image Wolfgang. As you say, sometimes these subjects simply will not "stack" well and are best put together manually. I have found that if there are not too many images in the stack sometimes it is sometimes faster to let Helicon Focus do as well as it can, and then use its editing feature to fill in the areas that are unacceptable.

Wolfgang Bettighofer

Post by Wolfgang Bettighofer »

Charles Krebs wrote:Excellent image Wolfgang. As you say, sometimes these subjects simply will not "stack" well and are best put together manually. I have found that if there are not too many images in the stack sometimes it is sometimes faster to let Helicon Focus do as well as it can, and then use its editing feature to fill in the areas that are unacceptable.
Hi Charles,

very interesting what you say about Helicon Focus. A micro friend of mine is familiar with this SW so he can check if Helicon is able to do a good job with this stack.

Wolfgang

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

You did an excellent job of manual stacking :shock:on this creature Wolfgang . Great DOF and detail.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic