clegfly stack

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Wim van Egmond

clegfly stack

Post by Wim van Egmond »

It took me some time to make macro stacks with real close up. Mainly because I had to find out a good way to shift the focus just a slight bit. I now used a microscope stage for that! The objective I use is a Leitz Photar 28mm I believe. A microobjective with an aperture. I diffused the light with a filmcontainer with the bottom removed. So I had a translucent wite tube that could cover the whole insect.

Because it has been bad wearther for days I could not find a fresh insect. This one I had in alcohol. So it has a rather bad hairdo! :)

Charlie, I don't hope you convict me of plagiarism, not that I can come close to your quality :) But as a meager defence, I did do supermacro in the past with this lens. But not with stacks. This one I did 8 years ago. http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artfly/large.html

So I hope I'll get away with it:)

Wim

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I love those eyes...great looking stack Wim.
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Erland R.N.

Post by Erland R.N. »

Great photo.
At first the photo looked a bit odd to me, but after reading your text I realise it must be the hairs :o

I just love the eyes of these flies, but have untill now no luck of photographing these flies. Some of the places I've been in Sweden there are lots of them, and they always land and bite while the photographer is fidling with focus on some other small insect. Sometimes I just let them bite :shock:

salden

Post by salden »

Great image and I suppose the subject does look too bad for being in Alcohol :lol:
Sue Alden

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Sue commented:
Great image and I suppose the subject does look too bad for being in Alcohol :lol:
A lot of us look like that after being in alcohol. So...who's buying? Great image Wim (hic...!) :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic