Hello from IL

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ericthefishman

Hello from IL

Post by Ericthefishman »

Hello,
I have been lurking for a while and after years of searching I finally decided to pull the trigger on an old Nikon Diaphot scope that is in need of some help. I'm very excited to get her up and running so I can begin to experiment with my camera. I have an old Canon XTI SLR with a 60mm usm macro, 55-250is telephoto, and the plastic kit 18-55mm. I also have a 580exii flash, a remote shutter, and a few other items in my kit. I purchased an adapter to connect the Canon to the Nikon scope but haven't been able to test it yet. I live in the suburbs of Chicago IL and I started walking around taking pictures of landscapes, then animals, bugs, moss, and now hopefully with your assistance the microbiology that lives on the moss :) I keep fish and reptiles as a hobby and I look forward to seeing what hidden micro secrets they contain in their environments. My scope has what I believe is a complete hoffman modulation contrast setup. I would be very interested to hear from anyone with knowledge or experience using this type of setup. Anything that you could recommend to round off my kit?
Thanks for your awesomeness
Eric

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic