wanted: spare fibre optic bits and pieces

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

johan

wanted: spare fibre optic bits and pieces

Post by johan »

Hello,

I'd like to make a fibre optic flash unit - something similar to this http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/ind ... lpix2.html (fig 25a).

I have made a 'test' unit using just 4x1mm strands which works fine (power output controlled by having a useless cheap £3 reverser lens between flash head and fibre optic cable, f stop controls light), but to do a proper version I will need other parts.

I believe various people have probably fiddled with this and have bits and pieces lying around that they either don't need or don't use. For example some sort of focus head, flexible gooseneck, maybe ever spare fibre optic fibre. So if you have any of that stuff and want to make a buck off it rather than having it in some long forgotten 'projects' box, pop me a mail please!

Thank you
My extreme-macro.co.uk site, a learning site. Your comments and input there would be gratefully appreciated.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic