Hopelessly off-topic....

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Mike B in OKlahoma

Hopelessly off-topic....

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/03/05/moose. ... index.html

I'm sorry moderators, but I can't resist.... :twisted: ....Fortunately, we have the General Discussion Forum for this kind of thing. The fate of the animal is not so funny, I must admit. :cry:
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

What would Capt. Kangaroo say :?: People should not be messing around with Mr. Moose :lol:

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

serves em right for tranquilizing the poor thing :lol:

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Hey they ought to consider themselves lucky. "Rambo" would have thrown a rock and hit the tail rotor and the whole thing would have blown up. :lol:

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Adrian wrote:serves em right for tranquilizing the poor thing :lol:
I don't know their goal here, but I know many projects to tranquilize wildlife have very noble purposes to gather data such as average weight in an area (are they getting enough food?) stomach content (what are they eating, has it changed?), disease prevalence, and other information for population management that can't be got any other way.

I once got to see a wolf pack ID'd by a small plane, and a helicopter come and shoot a wolf, then collect the tranquilized wolf for study in Yellowstone National Park. Unfortunately, the animals were barely more than dots, even in ten power binoculars, or I'd have some very cool photos to show for it! A ranger I later asked about it explained that all sorts of data on the wolf population would be gathered from the animal, then it would be released with a radio tracking collar to study it's movements. Very important in managing wildlife populations, which we now have to do since we've driven the animals into such small areas compared to the state of nature.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

Danny

Post by Danny »

Heck, what a way for a wonderful animal such as a Moose to come to its end. Phew.

All the best Mike and thanks.

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic