For Sale: Nikon M Plan Objectives

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

flyer2o12

For Sale: Nikon M Plan Objectives

Post by flyer2o12 »

Hi,

I am selling my Nikon M Plan 40x ELWD Objective 0.5 210/0

The item is in immaculate condition and the optics are in pristine condition.
I am looking for €260 for it now or part trade.

I also have a Nikon M Plan 20X /0.4 LWD 210 Objective
Also in immaculate condition. I'm looking for €230.
Which includes first class post signed for.

Last edited by flyer2o12 on Wed May 02, 2012 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

I may be interested... I don't know if you're in the market for any lenses or accessories for Canon cameras, but I'm currently downsizing my collection to subsidize macro and micro equipment.

I might also be willing to pay the full price, but I have to do a bit of research on this objective first. I don't have any Nikon eyepieces or photo eyepieces, so it's usefulness to me would be based on how well it works on a bellows without corrective optics.

flyer2o12

Post by flyer2o12 »

Hi Rylee

Neither objectives need any corrective optics as they are both finite objectives. It screws straight onto the bellows via an RMS to M42 adapter. Such as this cone adapter (http://www.ebay.com/itm/RMS-Thread-to-M ... 5192a1613c) or plate (http://www.ebay.com/itm/200470968028?ss ... 1439.l2649). I also have the x5 and x 10 objectives in the same range but because of vibrations in my setup, they are as far as I go, in terms of magnification.

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

Concerning corrective optics, I was thinking about chromatic aberration. These don't look like CF lenses, meaning that they should be coupled with Nikon eyepieces to correct for CA.

I'm not sure... maybe they are CF? I have no idea how to identify the older CF lenses, if that's what they are.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

That looks like the CF M Plan Achromat ELWD 40X, part #78776, described HERE, page 2.

I have the BD version, for example as shown HERE with sample images in this other thread.

--Rik

flyer2o12

Post by flyer2o12 »

Oh I was told when I was purchasing it that it was a BD!
From images I have taken, I have seen no chromatic abberation, except on the striations on the scales of a moth wing!

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

Rik,

Thanks for the link to that document - it will likely come in handy in the future as well!

Looks like a decent lens.

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

I think BD lenses have their own thread style, not RMS, and that there is a second opening for a light source.

If you've been mounting them directly to an RMS adapter, then they're probably the regular versions. In terms of the image quality, though, I don't think it would make any difference. I think the optics would be more or less identical to the BD version.
flyer2o12 wrote:Oh I was told when I was purchasing it that it was a BD!
From images I have taken, I have seen no chromatic abberation, except on the striations on the scales of a moth wing!

flyer2o12

Post by flyer2o12 »

Oh!
My x5 objective has an outer barrel where the light by passes the lens system. I had to block this by pass as it was producing a ridiculous amount of haze. These objectives do not have that outer barrel.

What is the purpose of that outer barrel anyway?

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

So I think that means your 5x is a BD lens. The idea is that you can illuminate the slide/subject by shining light through the lens itself, somehow.

I have not actually used one, so I honestly don't know much more than that.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

All correct. The BD's are designed to illuminate the front of the subject from around the lens, using light delivered from inside the microscope and routed inside the barrel of the objective but not through the optics. It's called "episcopic darkfield", as opposed to "episcopic brightfield" where the illumination goes out through the same lens where the image comes back. The difference is apparent if you look at a mirror: in brightfield the mirror is bright, in darkfield it's dark. The BD lenses have a different mount that provides space around the outside for the illumination.

--Rik

Rylee Isitt

Post by Rylee Isitt »

flyer2o12,

Just a heads up that you have at least one private message, and judging by the view count on this thread... possibly more!

ChrisLilley

Post by ChrisLilley »

Rylee Isitt wrote: I might also be willing to pay the full price, but I have to do a bit of research on this objective first. I don't have any Nikon eyepieces or photo eyepieces, so it's usefulness to me would be based on how well it works on a bellows without corrective optics.
The Nikon CF objectives do not require corrective optics.

flyer2o12

Post by flyer2o12 »

Both objectives SOLD

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic